Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today I managed to lock Oscar (22months) in the car. Well actually he managed to lock himself in the car. I strapped Oscar in the car seat and he grabbed my keys. I wasn't thinking and let him have them and shut the door. I went to put the pram away and groceries and shut the boot.

Went to open the door of the car and went "oh no!" He had pressed the lock button. Our car is a modern car so there was no way of getting in. I was telling Oscar to press the button but he was shaking his head and saying "no mummy". Then he dropped them on the floor lol. It was getting quite warm in the car so I was really worried.

There was a nice old man watching and he offered to ring RACV for me. Was just about to do so when Oscar did his new trick for me. He wound the window down !! But just a little bit to tease me lol. I encouraged him and encouraged him till I could get my hand in and reach the keys. That trick I have been trying to discourage for so long actually came in handy. Funny how the tables can turn.

Thanks to the nice man for all his encouragement and advice. I think I would have just freaked out if he wasn't there calming me down. Thanks to Oscar being so smart and managing to get himself out of a trick situation. I love you babe.

2 comments:

casso said...

Heart in the mouth material! Oh my god! I could feel my heart racing just reading your story, how scary but how funny about Oscar 'saving' himself. :o) One of the stories for his 18th.

susieq78 said...

The silly thing is he only wound down the window because he wanted his water bottle which I had in my hand. Otherwise he would have been quite content to sit in there a while and shake his head at me lol. Definetly an 18th stoie