Friday, March 2, 2007


Today I was home alone with Oscar and he was intently playing with Mr Potato head. The concentration and effort he was putting into it was immense. I had to take this photo of him intensly concentrating and sticking his tongue out to do it. Reminds me so much of me as I do exactly the same thing.
It makes me realise that he has grown up so much and he isnt my baby anymore. It makes me really sad but happy at the same time. I welcome the independence that this stage brings but I just feel like I haven't had enough time with him as a baby.
He is already starting to become more independent. He wont sit in a high chair anymore it has to be a seat like us at the table. He wont drink out of a sippy cup anymore it has to be a glass like everyone else. He is trying to use the potty and the toilet. He wont play with baby toys they have to be the ones Thomas is playing with. He can ask for "read this" and "play this" and "more bickies"
I measured him this morning as I was sure he was tall for his age. He is 95cm tall!! At 22 months old! On the good old MCHN charts he is off the charts in height. He certainly takes after his daddy.

No comments: