Wednesday, March 14, 2007




I did a bit of op shopping today and found some really cool fabrics and a huge bundle of bamboo knitting needles in all different sizes. The nice op shop guy thought the original price was a bit steep so he reduced it for me. Lovely boy think I will have to go when he is there next time!

There was a bright yellow retro tablecloth, a white with blue and green paisley fabric and a purple and green fabric. Would love to make a pair of funky kids pants with the yellow material the rest I don't know yet. I love getting fabric from the op shop it is so much cheaper and more unique. It means that a project out of the material is thought of with a particular material in mind. The different colours and textures are so inspiring.
I also got a package in the mail! The silly parcel man won't drive down our driveway to deliver the parcels because it is dirt road for 500m lol so he just leaves the card in the letterbox which is at the end of the gravel. Quite annoying because I cant see him coming and know I have exciting stuff on the way.




Anyway I did get it in the end and it was a package from The Knittery. I now have some lovely wool in a sea blue green mix and an earthy green, blue , red mix. Its so soft I can't wait to start knitting with it. Just have to decide what to do with it. Will definetly be for Oscar this winter though. How bad am I buying wool before I know what I want to do with it. Definetly an impulse buy lol.

Also in my Knittery parcel was a book called One Skein by Leigh Radford. It is 30 projects to knit and crochet using only one skein. Great to use up some stash I have. What does one skein equate to in grams I wonder? If anyone knows I would love to know. There is a funky cardigan in there that I would love to try for Oscar.
And here are two other pictures. You will have to look at them sideways because I can't work out to turn them. Guess I had to do it before I uploaded them? Anyway one is of Oscar monkey wearing a beanie i knitted in chunky wool. The second is a pair of funky rainbow pants I made for him.

1 comment:

Sherrin said...

OMG Susie, I have to check out the opshops near you! Gorgeous fabric!! :o) If you ever want to part with that fabric.... ;-P