Monday, March 5, 2007

Have been thinking about what to do on the long weekend coming up. Spent some time with Petes sister and brother and we decided we should do something. As it is going to be a warm weekend we thought we would try to fit in one more trip to the beach. We have a usual holiday house that we rent in Barwon heads but that wasn't available this weekend. I did some research and found a brilliant and possibly better house for the same price. Its all booked now.

I am so excited as the house sleeps 10 and we will have some of our closest friends and family members there. Its going to be so good hanging out, cooking meals and going to the beach with them. I love that communal atmosphere.

Am currently working on a pair of longies for my sister in law soon to be newborn. I am also working on a bag which has the most gorgeous pink paisley on the inside and green and white dots on the outside. Sounds weird but the combination really works.

2 comments:

casso said...

Hey! Thought I would check out your blog. I *love* Barwon Heads, I stayed there a few times to do prac work for my degree with a friend's aunt. It was so relaxing, the whole place was calm and beautiful too. I also love your bag, I am so jealous. I think I really need to buy a sewing machine and learn to sew.

Look forward to reading your blog too now!
Cheers, Cass
oh and ps - Harry was looking at that photo of your little boy and desperately wanted the kitchen in the background! :o)

susieq78 said...

Thats Oscar absolute favourite toy in the whole world. Its a Dora the Explore kitchen. It was originally for Thomas because I thought Oscar was too young but Oscar grabbed it for himself. I have been eating so many lovely concoctions Oscar cooks up. I thought Oscar was way too young for pretend play but he is definitly into it.

You simply must learn to sew. I am self taught and have just used books and easy patterns. I go on the motto of learning one thing at a time eg zips. Otherwise it can just be too overwhelming. Plus you can make so many funky colourful clothes for Harriet that you just wont find in the shops.