Thursday, March 1, 2007

Finally I have succumbed to the tempation to write a blog. I have become addicted to several blogs and eagerly await updates. I love the sneak peak inside everyday lives. I also half did this so I could finally post comments on other peoples blogs lol. I originally thought that my life is too boring to blog about but hey I plan to challenge that view.

I am the mum of three gorgeous boys , Nicholas 8 , Thomas 6 and Oscar 21 months. Thomas has autism and has just started school this year. He has suprised me so much and is really loving it. I think the small country school he goes to has made the transition so much easier. I really love the school he is at. I stressed for the whole of 2006 about how he was going to go at school and how he would cope. If someone had said to me last year that he would be fine and it would all go perfectly i would have laughed at them but that is exactly what has happened.

When I get the chance I also love to be creative. I like to knit and sew and I have just recently tried out dying my own wool. I have been sewing bags and childrens clothes in the aim of starting up a market stall. The aim is to have a market stall once a month and provide some kind of income for this household while enjoying my craft. I just need to get the courage to actually get to the market and sell my stuff. I have the fear that my stuff just isn't good enough. Which is probably irrational considering a lot of people have complemented me on different things I have made. The fear of failure or rejection is just too big. Think I will drag a friend along for some positive imput when I finally make it to the market.

I am addicted to thrifting ( as they call it in the US). I am into vintage fabrics and clothes and love anything with a story or some character. I find a lot of vintage fabric at the opshops which I use to create unique bags. There will be frequent updates on my many op shop finds.

I love to read and I have been getting into biographies and autobiographies lately. I am currently reading Richard Branson losing my virginity and the Bali 9 story.

My goal for the month of March is to organise a day and site for my market stall and actually go!
I want to start regular exercise again. Swim at least once a week and go for regular walks.

2 comments:

Juniper said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

I *love* thrifting too, so hope you post some pix of your finds, as well as your craft!

susieq78 said...

Thanks for the welcome. You get the honour of being my very first comment!