Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today I found out that a person who I admired very much had lost his battle with cancer. Shortly after oscar was born he started waking up every 15 minutes and battling with reflux. A friend reccomended Chiro Kids which is a baby and kids chiropractic group. I made an appointment and turned up to meet a lovely chiropracter Adam.
Since then he has seen me, Oscar and Thomas and fixed all of our problems. One of us has been in there weekly since Oscar was born. At first I was sceptical but Adam managed to solve all kinds of problems like reflux, migraines, Oscar not rolling over, Thomas concentration, sleep problems. It was amazing what he could do.
Over the time Adam and I became friends and our appointments began to be lovely discussions and catchups. He told me a lot about his life in South Africa previously and his kids. I confided in him about my fears about Thomas autism, how he would cope with school and my hopes and dreams for me and my kids in the future.
He was one of those people that will go out of their way just to help. He would always make time to see me and the children and never minded if the kids played with his stuff. My children would light up at the sight of his happy smiling face. He gently encouraged me to take more time for my self and to rest more. He was never judgemental just supportive.
One morning I had an appointment and he wasnt there. There was someone filling in for him. He never came back to work. I found out this was because he had been diagnosed with colon cancer and there was no treatment options. It was a big suprise to hear one day he was suddenly told that the cancer was spread right through his body and he had 3 months to live. He passed away yesterday morning after he detiorated quickly.

Goodbye Adam. I hope you realise how good a person you were and how many lives you touched.You will be sadly missed. May you rest in peace.

3 comments:

Sam said...

i'm so sorry to hear this Susie. Adam never treated us, but I know of your high regard for him :(

susieq78 said...

Thanks Sam. He was a very special person.

casso said...

Oh my goodness, what a sad story. :o( Sympathy to you on hearing such sad news.

Cheers, Cass