Saturday, April 14, 2007

I have finally decided not to part with my favourite fabrics and instead make something fabulous out of them. I am addicted to blues and greens lately and paisleys. Most of the fabrics have some combination of them. I have decided to make some kind of patchwork quilt/rug thing for our house. Something that looks a bit vintage, a bit shabby chic and for snuggling up under watching movies in the winter. In the first picture I have two vintage sheets there one is the blue diamond shapes and the green floral. There is some soft thick chenille fabric and a green striped tablecloth.

In the second picture I have a green/white paisley. one of my absolute favourites unfortunatly vintage so its hard to come across. Must use every scrap for something! A blue/white roses quilting fabric A green fabric with small paisley. A blue, green and white floral vintage Sheridan sheet. Blue thin cord. And an ancient white pillowcase with gorgeous mini blue flowers on it.



I also have a green fabric with white spots and a white fabric to add to the mix. I can't wait to start playing around with the layout of them all and start sewing them together!

I also had a go at dying some wool. I have dyed a few balls before but I think this is by far my best effort so far. I didn't like it while I was doing it but once I balled it up it grew on me. Now I love it. Very boyish I think. I uses Dylon dyes with a smidge of red food colouring. I used blue and yellow and let the colours soak up and meet each other. Then I put a bit of red food dye in the middle to make a bit of purple and deeped the yellow into orange. My only question is how do people get it twisted so it looks all neat and lovely before they ball it. I suck at that bit lol.

I have also made a few more bags. This is one of my favourites using a green/white vintage paisley material. I used a vintage gold/white material on the inside and I love the way it looks. I so want to keep it but I also want someone to buy it that will appreciate it as much as me.






No comments: